The Illawarra Forum provides workforce development opportunities and events tailored to the needs of community services in the Illawarra and Shoalhaven.
Community Organisations Supporting Health and Wellbeing, Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District
A free half day workshop on 23 August 2017, Shellharbour.Click here to download the Flyer
Aboriginal Cultural Awareness Training, a full day session on 10 October 2017, in Moruya, Facilitator Julie Moore, $50.Click here to download the Flyer
More scheduled training coming soon.
Let us come to you
Illawarra Forum now offers a variety of in-house training opportunities. Upskill a group of your staff onsite to build collective skills and save money. Contact us to discuss your organisations requirements.
Sessions available include;
Consumer Directed Care
$990 up to 15 participants
This one day workshop builds knowledge and skills in the Consumer Directed Care (CDC) approach to community care provision. It explores the foundations of the approach and the expectations of client experience. Participants will examine lessons learnt both nationally and internationally, identify funrequirements and highlight implications for providers when developing CDC models.
This full day course will enable you to:
- Know what Consumer Directed Care is and what it aims to achieve.
- Understand Australian and International experiences.
- Recognise CDC levels of self-direction and management.
- Know the implications for assessment, client management and financial systems.
- Consider developing a unit costing model.
- Understand the basics in developing and monitoring CDC budgets.
Mental Health First Aid
This course can be run over 2 full days, or four half day sessions.
$2500 up to 15 participants
Mental Health First Aid is the help given to someone developing a mental health problem or in a mental health crisis. The first aid is provided until appropriate professional treatment is received or until the crisis resolves. Participants will learn the signs and symptoms of these mental health problems, where and how to get help and what sort of help has been shown by research to be effective.
Developing mental health problems covered:
- Substance misuse
Mental health crises covered:
- Suicidal thoughts and behaviour
- Non-suicidal self-injury
- Panic attacks
- Traumatic events
- Severe psychotic states
- Acute effects from alcohol or other drug misuse
- Aggressive behaviour.
Governance, finance & risk management for Boards
From $400 for up to 15 participants
Effective governance is the cornerstone for every organisation, and an ever increasing burden is being put onto not- for- profit boards. Illawarra Forum can provide sessions to not for profit boards members covering a variety of essential topics, tailored to your organisation.
- Understanding your legal and financial responsibilities
- Learning about your role on the board, and in your organisation
- Exploring conflicts of interest
- The role of the board in risk management
- Key areas of risk
- A framework for risk management
- Reading financial statements
- Understanding key ratio
- Understanding and reducing financial risk and fraud
Contact us on phone 4256 4333 to discuss your organisations requirements.