Illawarra Forum Strategic Plan 2013 – 2018
The Illawarra Forum Strategic Plan sets out our priorities, activities, and direction until 2018.Download Full Strategic Plan 2013 – 2018 Download Overview (Plan on a Page)
To be the Voice, the Influence and the Leader supporting the community services sector and our communities.
- support community organisations
- promote expertise and innovation in community development
- foster industry development and
- advocate for social justice
The Illawarra Forum strives to create a co-operative work environment wherein the skills and knowledge of all staff, committee and members are equally respected and utilised to contribute to the joint aims of the organisation.
- To pursue social justice in the Illawarra region and develop programs / strategies for promoting equitable access to services and participation by disadvantaged groups.
- To strengthen the capacity of community service organisations to meet their goals
- To encourage co-operation and co-ordination between community service organisations.
- To provide relevant information services to members.
- To conduct research, promote good practice models and develop innovative models of community management and community service.
- To advocate on behalf of the community services sector and their service users and represent members.
- To effectively administer and manage the Illawarra Forum to enhance its ability to meet its goals.
The Forum values:
- community participation
- social justice
- people’s right to equality of opportunity
- community development
- community management
- self determination of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community
- development of innovative and alternative approaches and ideas