The Illawarra and Shoalhaven have more than 300 non-government community organisations providing valuable services to our communities. There are various ways to access services information including online and via telephone.
HSNet Service Directory is a comprehensive online directory of human and justice services across NSW. The directory provides service information across a variety of sectors including health, welfare, community services, education, disability, aged care, legal and housing.
To visit HSNet click here
Local Council’s Community Contact Directories
The four local councils have online community directories that list a variety of services available in their local government area.
- Wollongong Council Community Directory click here
- Shellharbour Council Community Directory click here
- Shoalhaven Council Community Directory click here
- Kiama Council Community Directory click here
My Aged Care
My Aged Care assists older people, their families and carers to access aged care information and service via the My Aged Care website and national phone line (1800 200 422).
My Aged Care currently provides:
- information on aged care
- support for consumers to find Commonwealth funded aged care services in their local area
- online fee estimators for pricing of home care packages and residential care
- referrals to assessment services and service providers
To visit My Aged Care click here